20 fun questions to get to know someone
What are fun questions to get to know each other better? While some common ones include things like "Do you have hobbies?" or "What's your favorite color?" we have a spoiler alert: you won't get far with that.
Do you really want to know what someone is like? Then ask these fun questions! In this post, we'll give you 20 of the most fun questions you can ask to get to know someone better.
20 questions to get to know someone
Whether you're asking a new friend or your life partner - these fun questions to get to know someone will help you connect, laugh, and learn more about each other in the process!
- What day or time in your life would you like to relive?
- What is the most valuable lesson you’ve learned?
- What is the most exciting thing you’ve done or experienced?
- What is your most beautiful memory of your parent(s)?
- What are you most thankful for?
- What is your favorite topic to talk about?
- When when the last time you had a real belly laugh?
- What personal achievement are you most proud of?
- Which good quality or talent have you underused lately?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- What can cause you to lie awake at night?
- What is the nicest compliment you've ever received?
- Where would you like to go again on vacation?
- What will you congratulate yourself on in a year’s time?
- What would you do next year if money was no object?
- If you had the world’s attention for fifteen seconds, what would you do or say?
- You have six months without the usual obligations (such as work, family responsibilities, and social obligations), after which you can return to your “old life.” What would you do during this time?
- Next year, when you look at the pictures you’ve taken, what will they show?
- What are you looking forward to in the coming year?
- What are you going to do this year that nobody expects you to do?
How can you really get to know someone?
These questions really help you get to know someone by focusing on all aspects of a person's life.
We touch on the past: your upbringing, memories, and most important events, but also talk about the present: what you like to do now, your habits, and achievements. And of course, you get to share your vision of the future: what are your dreams, desires, and plans?
By focusing on these three elements, you get the "full" picture of where someone's been, where they are now, and where they want to go. Now that's getting to know someone!
Use a game to get to know someone better!
Yes, you can sit down at the table with someone and ask a bunch of questions to get to know each other better. But even if you ask the "right" questions, you may not have a deep, meaningful conversation.
Drilling someone with questions to get to know them better doesn't really feel personal, does it?
Our advice: grab some snacks, open a bottle of wine or pour some tea, and do a quiz game to get to know each other better.
💖 Also read our blog: 25 questions to ask your boyfriend!
Why asking good questions to get to know someone is important
If you want to get to know someone, there are a lot of questions you can ask. Often these are superficial, like: "Where do you live?" "What do you do for work?" "Do you have pets?" Like we said earlier, you won't get far with that.
The person you’re talking to may even think you're not really interested in them because these questions are so generic! If you want to really get to know someone better, you have to ask the right questions.
At Vertellis, we've long been aware of the power of good questions. We know that's the way to make a deep, genuine connection - both with yourself and each other.
So ... we came up with the ultimate questionnaire to get to know each other better. Not only do you learn about a person's past, present, and future in an enjoyable and playful way, but you connect on a deeper level and create a strong, lasting bond!
The best questions to get to know someone
With the Vertellis quiz card game, you can start a good conversation in no time.
Don't want to make a whole event out of it, but just ask a fun question once in a while? Go for it! These surprising and unexpectedly fun questions are guaranteed to be the highlight of your day.
We hope these questions will help you get to know someone better!
Journal now with the #1 best-selling guided Journal and experience a breakthrough in relationships, your mental well-being, an increased sense of togetherness and belonging in the world.
What makes Chapters so special?
Not an empty notebook with no clear direction, but a guided journal & personal coach in book format with powerful questions & inspiring stories that will spark positivity 💪
- Adopt a more positive mindset
- Experience gratitude
- Feel less stressed
- Sleep better
🌳For every product bought = We plant a tree 🌳
Help us plant 100.000 trees before the turn of the year!
Journaling seems so popular these days. People who have been putting pen to paper for a while always say how helpful it is. BUT when I looked at that blank page, it was daunting. What am I supposed to write about? Where do I start? Vertellis Chapters gave me that place to start! The chapters gently guide and helped me to form a daily ritual.
I was given one of theses journals as a gift from a friend and was absolutely amazed at the quality. The prompts inspire me to look at things that have occurred during my day a little differently and remind me of the good things that happen everyday. I loved it so much I ended up purchasing a bundle so I had another one for when I finished mine and gave the other 3 as gifts to my sister and a couple of friends. As someone who has kept a journal in some way shape or form all my life this is one of the best forms of journaling and has helped me greatly to remind me of the good things in life and recognize patterns that could be changed.
.... I hope to be able to utilize this beautiful well organized inspiring Journal! In fact it is so nicely done I'm having a hard time getting started because my handwriting is so awful and life is so busy in the summertime.